Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jeff, Julie, and I went to see a movie on Friday night; August Rush. It was so incredible, we left a Christmas party early on Saturday night so we could see the movie one more time. The movie critics panned it terribly. I found it litterally spoke to my heart. A muscian had to have written it. I could totally relate and understand it at a deeply personal level. When I read what the critics had to say about it I thought of the words of Nephi: "Wo unto them that ... revile against that which is good, and say that it is of no worth... For behold at that day shall [the Devil] rage in the hearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good." (2 Nephi 28: 15, 20.) I think we're seeing the fulfilment of this directly in front of us; something wholesome, fun, and spiritually moving is just torn apart by the critics. EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE.

2 comments:

Barkley's said...

We didnt go see it on saturday, but maybe we should all go see it as a family. Danna wanted to go to a movie Christmas Eve so that would be fun!!

Papa Smurf said...

On Christmas Eve, we are going to the Hoiseths - at least your mother and I are - Jeff can go with you guys.