Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dizzy Brunette No More!


Finally!! An answer to my vertigo, at least this makes the most sense. I had another episode on Sunday and still have some dizziness. When I called my doctor, he referred me to an ear, nose, throat doctor. Long story short, the doctor was very thorough and asked me lots of questions and did an exam. He said that he thought that it was related to the accident and his reason was that when there is a whiplash situation, it usually does not just affect your neck. Whiplash can affect ears and eyes also. All the tissues surrounding the whiplash area can be inflamed and stay that way until completion of healing. Well. I was taking Tylenol PM until about mid-March. I decided, after going through a full bottle of it, I would discontinue it completely, right before my parents came to visit. That is when I had my first vertigo episode. Every night before I have had an episode, I had a knot in my neck and stiff and sore. Since I did not have Tylenol pm in my system or any anti-inflammatory medicine, that is how it affected my inner ear and surrounding tissues. He suggested many different medications (steroids, valium, etc) as a solution for now until the swelling goes completely away but he said that since Tylenol pm was working during the night, he would stick with that and then for me to take Naproxen during the day. He also wants me to do physical therapy to help with all the above. I am SO Grateful to have some direction. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

2 comments:

Barkley's said...

YAY for answers. I have really worried about you mom and Im so glad that you got the answers you needed. I love you and CANT WAIT to see you your gonna have a wonderful birthday weekend with all your babies:)

Danna said...

Its a good thing that they have a good idea what it is. I miss you guys already. See you in a few weeks. Love ya.