Monday, September 1, 2008

The beauty of Oregon.

I moved to Oregon when I was 15 and have traveled around and through the state many, many times however, I am still awe struck by the diversity and beauty of the state every time I travel in it. Below are just a small sampling of what I love in Oregon. (We took a trip in late July and early August of this past summer.)

The rough and tumble Oregon Coast on a calm, beautiful day. It is even more beautiful on a nasty, stormy day.
The lush green folliage is always filled with abundant life - here is a dragon fly.

Multnomah Falls. The double falls are spectacular.

The Columbia River Gorge looking at Crown Point and on eastward to Beacon Rock.

The Columbia River Gorge is easily one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Below and West of the South Falls at Silver Creek Falls State Park.


Same Falls, closer view.

Here is the South Falls, which you can walk down to and completely under. I'm sure you can see why it is one of my favorite places in Oregon.


Kohen, Jeff and I standing in front of the North Falls at Silver Creek Falls State Park. Mette, Jeff, Kohen and I got to spend the day together walking around the park and looking at the various water falls.

1 comments:

Barkley's said...

I agree multnomah falls is an amazibg site to behold. Have you seen jason and hia's picture of it frozen? Its beautiful!!