Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Long Over-Due Update!

You’d never know it from our blog, but I honestly do enjoy writing each update – I just never find the time. We’ve had a very busy start to the new school year. With Jeff playing football and Mette playing volleyball, we have an athletic event 3 if not 4 nights a week. The other nights are filled with church and homework. Today is a Saturday and I came in early to work, but I found that my mind was wondering and I having to do the same tasks over and over again because I just don’t have the attention span today. So I gave up and decided to read back through the older posts on everyone’s blogs. It has been a fun morning. I feel re-energized and committed to keep mine updated better.

The two pictures here were taken just outside the front door to my office. You can begin to understand why my mind has wandered so much today; It is incredibly gorgeous outside right now. I feel like I should be spending my time outside, probably taking pictures, instead of sitting inside on one of the last nice Saturdays of the year. Snow is just around the corner, as it is below freezing now in the mornings when Julie and I leave for work.
Jeff's Football:

Jeff's team this year is better than the team last year and he has had a very good season so far. He has played four games so far and he has a total of 511 yards rushing and four TD's. With five games left, he could easily gain over 1,000 yards this season. The really exciting thing is next year. The team only looses 3 seniors, but has a lot of freshman that are coming along and will fill in nicely. We are looking forward to next season with baited breath.

Mette's Volleyball:

Mette arrived here having never played volleyball. The school got a new coach with a long history of winning behind him. The Camas County voleyball team only won 2 matches last year. They have had a very winning season and are improving significantly each week. The very first match this season was against Carey, which the girls lost in 3 straight sets. Last Tuesday the Camas County girls blew Carey off the court, wining 3 of four with scores of 21-25, 25-14, 25-12, 25-15. It was exciting and fun. They have worked hard and Mette is becoming more and more comfortable with the team and the game with each passing day.

2 comments:

Barkley's said...

Jeff you have no idea how sad it makes me as a cheerleader and your sister not to be there to watch your games. Im so glad Mette is having fun getting to know vollyball

Danna said...

Beautiful picture. I love the mountian against the clear blue sky. I would have a hard time getting my mind to work everyday with a view like that.
So what sports are we going to be playing next? Track and Disks for Jeffie, Mette?