Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Accident Update.

Here’s an update on the accident we had on Tuesday, October 23rd. Since the accident, Julie hasn’t been doing well. She has had severe headaches. Her neck and back have been tight, knotted, and painful. I have been tight and sore, until just today. I began to hurt today. When I stand up off my chair at work, my lower back has seized up and shot pains up my spine. Finally, 7 days after the accident, Farmer’s Insurance, the carrier for the guy that hit us, got us a rental car. I have no idea if the truck will be totaled or repaired. I’m supposed to go find market value prices for the truck today and tomorrow to ensure that the insurance company prices it adequately.
At right is a picture of the truck that hit us. Oddly enough, we know the guy that was the cause of the entire four-car accident. He is a heck of a nice guy and he was in our Ward in Carey. I was totally amazed that he walked away from this wreck unhurt. At the site, he felt terrible. He apologized to me a couple of times. He said that something had fallen to the floor, he reached down to grab it and when he looked up, it was too late to stop.

0 comments: