Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Indoor Throwing!!


At the end of Football Season this past Fall, we bought a giant parachute at a military surplus store. We hang it from the steel rafters in the gym and throw the discus into it. It has worked great in stopping the discuses and has allowed us to continue throwing with snow on the ground. Jeff has progressed nicely this Winter. I think the first meet he will get to throw in is March 13th at Declo High School. I have no idea yet where Declo is, but I will find it on the map. We have not thrown outdoors yet and I am a little bit worried that we don't get to see the discus fly very far, so we don't know if he has developed problems with the release of the discus or not. In general, and for the short flight that we can see into the parachute, he looks very, very good for this early in the year. With his weight lifting class at school and the throwing repititions we have gotten in, it should be a fun year. If you have the time and can arrange it, it might be worth saving the weekend of May 22-24 in Boise this year. He has a good shot at placing very high at State this year. To the right is a pictures of Jeff throwing into the net.

3 comments:

Barkley's said...

We are definently coming and I hope that Jason Lahia and Jaxon will be joining us. We will be renting a car as plane tickets are too spendy that month for some reason...but we will be there! Kohen will have a Uncle Jeffy shirt and all! I love you and miss you I wish I could be there for every meet!

Danna said...

I wanna go too!! Can we all get matching t-shirts.. Good luck this year Jeffy!! Your the best!!!

Jason and Lahia said...

Jason and I are planning on coming, I'm working on convincing Jaxon to be here by then too! We'll see you guys tomorrow!!!!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!