Sunday, February 24, 2008

Very, Very Odd Weather!

This morning when I got up to go to church, I had to shovel the driveway because there was about 8" - 10" of new snow that fell last night. By the time church was out, a bunch of the new snow had already melted away. The picture to the right is the thermometer at our house - it shows that it is 40.9 degrees (16 C) outside right now. Water is pouring off the eaves of the house and the streets are turning to mud. (Remember, all of our streets, except two are dirt here.) It should be interesting to see what is here tomorrow morning. If it continues like it is right now, tomorrow just might be icy all over.

We got a package from Mette's family yesterday. It was a variety pack of candies from Sweden. Jeff has had fun with them. I had forgotten how much better Swedish chocolate is than the typical chocolate here in the US. To the right is just a small sampling of what they sent. I asked him if he was going to take and share any of it in Seminary this morning (he only has Seminary on Sundays here.) He said no, then it would be all gone. I don't really blame him, they are very, very good. Tack så mycket Familien Ericsson!!

2 comments:

Barkley's said...

Yum, I cant wait to meet Mette Im so excited that she is excited to come...I dont blame jeff for not sharing :)

Danna said...

I alway hated when the snow started to melt. Things start to get dirty. Hope you have 4 wheel drive!! You may need it.